Dedicated to teaching and promoting Med Aides in North Carolina
MED AIDE TRAINING PROGRAM
Whether you are a CNA or a care giver, taking this class will open up job opportunities that prepare you for a promotion and better pay.
- Being a Med Aide or Med Tech is a highly respected position in adult care facilities.
- Being a Med Aide or Med Tech is a great way to move up in the Health Care field!
- Whether you are a Caregiver or a CNA, this course will prepare you for the state exam and take you through the Clinical Skills you will need to successfully qualify for a job as a Med Aide or Med Tech in a variety of health care settings.
- Med Aide Training Program offers the State Approved 24-class-hour course required for CNA's to become Med Aides and give medications in Nursing Homes.
- Once you pass the North Carolina State Exam you will be listed on the "Medication Aide in a Long Term Care Setting" registry and will be ready to start giving medications in nursing homes throughout NC.
I would recommend our instructor, Karen, to anyone interested in becoming a medication aide.
She kept the class fun and educational."
"Loved this class. Tons of fun, you learn so much valuable info to make yourself more marketable and a better CNA."
Upcoming Med Aide Classes:
Must be on the NC Nurse Aide 1 Registry
April 25-27, 2014 (seats available)
Jameson Inn @ 5102 Dunlea Court Wilmington
Friday, Saturday & Sunday 9am to 5pm
May 20-22, 2014 Wilmington
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am to 5pm
June 17-19, 2014 Smithfield
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am to 5pm
Cost of 24 Hour Med Aide course .... $225
Non-refundable deposit .................. $85
Student Manual ..... $15
Med Tech Classes: Act now!
There is no requirement to be a Nurse Aide to become a Med Tech!
(May 14-15, 2014 - This class has been rescheduled to...)
June 3-4, 2014
Sign up now
Classes are held at the
Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites
in Wilmington & Smithfield
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9am to 5pm
Med Tech Course .................$150
Non-refundable deposit ........$75
Med Tech: $75 non-refundable deposit required
Med Aide: $85 non-refundable deposit required
Just use the PayPal "Buy Now" button below.
"... thanks for a great class! The cost of the class compared to the energy you put into teaching and sincere concern you have for the success of your students is an absolute bargain!"
Karen Woodrum, RN
Med Aide Instructor
2 Certification Programs Offered
Med Aide or Med Tech
NEW! SMITHFIELD LOCATION NOW AVAILABLE !!
Over 250 Med Aide students have graduated from Med Aide Training Program since 2009
Effective October 1, 2013
Med Aide Training Program
- New on the Dept of Health Service Regulation’s Med Aide in Adult Care Website:
- All new Med Techs are now mandated to participate in and pass, a 15 hour class created by the state. The new class will be a combination of 10 hours of classroom and 5 hours of skills lab. Instruction must be by an RN or pharmacist.
- Med Aide Training Program offers the new 15 hour Med Tech class!
- Qualify to become a Med Tech in just 2 Days with our class! Please visit the Med Tech page for more information!
- Provides the North Carolina Board of Nursing approved 24 hour course for Med Aides in a Long Term Care Setting.
- Provides the Department of Health and Human Services approved 15 hour course for Med Aides in an Adult Care Setting.
Here are some comments written by former students:
...it was a very informative class, but also a fun learning environment at the same time.
...the instructor is very patient and makes sure everyone has a good understanding of the skills.
...the instructor made sure it wasn't boring!
The instructor was fun and energetic. She made me feel comfortable and eager to learn.
...Always on schedule and upbeat/fun to learn!
...a few more written testimonials:
This course was extremely informative. Ms. Woodrum is an outstanding instructor.
The instructor was awesome. She explained everything very clearly. We could ask questions freely and would get what we needed in the answers. Definitely above and beyond. Great class!
What I liked best about this course was how involved Karen was with every student. She took the time to make sure we were all understanding what we needed to know.
...class was informal and relaxed but thorough, the presenting of information and training was excellent.
Karen is a great teacher, she is very personable and made sure we knew the info while ensuring we had a great time. I am usually nervous around new people, but she made all feel OK with each other.