Dedicated to teaching and promoting Med Aides in North Carolina
MED AIDE TRAINING PROGRAM
- Med Aide Training Program course covers everything on the Clinical Checklist so when you go to an employer they will know you are already trained.
- This saves them time money and makes you a more valuable employee!
Whether you are a CNA or a care giver, taking this class will open up job opportunities that prepare you for a promotion and better pay.
- Being a Med Aide or Med Tech is a highly respected position in adult care facilities.
- Being a Med Aide or Med Tech is a great way to move up in the Health Care field!
Earn more moneyand become a respected member of the health care team.
Check out this link to Career Builder.com and see what they have to say about average Medication Aide salary in Jacksonville, NC.
Med Aide Training Program
- Provides the NC Board of Nursing approved 24-class-hour course required for Nurse Aides to become Certified Medication Aides and give medication to residents in nursing homes.
- Provides the 5 hour lab class or the 15 hour combination lab and classroom class to become a Med Tech.
- Whether you are a Caregiver or a CNA, this course will prepare you for the state exam and take you through the Clinical Skills you will need to successfully qualify for a job as a Med Aide or Med Tech in a variety of health care settings.
- Med Aide Training Program offers the State Approved 24-class-hour course required for CNA's to become Med Aides and give medications in Nursing Homes.
- Once you pass the North Carolina State Exam you will be listed on the "Medication Aide in a Long Term Care Setting" registry and will be ready to start giving medications in nursing homes throughout NC.
I would recommend our instructor, Karen, to anyone interested in becoming a medication aide.
She kept the class fun and educational."
"Loved this class. Tons of fun, you learn so much valuable info to make yourself more marketable and a better CNA."
The Class of November 2013
A dynamic bunch of Med Aides
are on their way -Look out Wilmington!
January 4-6, 2014 Wilmington
Saturday, Sunday & Monday
9am to 5pm
February 7-9, 2014 Jacksonville?
Location to be Announced
Friday, Saturday & Sunday
9am to 5pm
Cost of 24 Hour Med Aide course ........ $175
Student Manual .............. $10
January 10-11, 2014 Jacksonville or New Bern?
Location to be Announced
Friday & Saturday
9am to 5pm
Cost of 15 Hour Med Tech course... $120
$75 deposit required to guarantee your seat
for either class
Just use thePayPal "Add to Cart " button
"... thanks for a great class! The cost of the class compared to the energy you put into teaching and sincere concern you have for the success of your students is an absolute bargain!"
Karen Woodrum, RN
Over 200 Med Aide students have graduated from Med Aide Training Program since 2009
* Brand New Law Mandates Med Tech Training *
And you can get that training here!
Effective October 1, 2013
- New on the Dept of Health Service Regulation’s Med Aide in Adult Care Website:
- All new Med Techs are now mandated to participate in and pass, a 15 hour class created by the state. The new class will be a combination of 10 hours of classroom and 5 hours of skills lab. Instruction must be by an RN or pharmacist.
- Med Aide Training Program offers the new 15 hour Med Tech class!
- Qualify to become a Med Tech in just 2 Days with our class! Please visit the Med Tech page for more information!
The Barefoot Med Aide!
Here are some comments written by former students:
...it was a very informative class, but also a fun learning environment at the same time.
...the instructor is very patient and makes sure everyone has a good understanding of the skills.
...the instructor made sure it wasn't boring!
The instructor was fun and energetic. She made me feel comfortable and eager to learn.
...Always on schedule and upbeat/fun to learn!
...a few more written testimonials:
This course was extremely informative. Ms. Woodrum is an outstanding instructor.
The instructor was awesome. She explained everything very clearly. We could ask questions freely and would get what we needed in the answers. Definitely above and beyond. Great class!
What I liked best about this course was how involved Karen was with every student. She took the time to make sure we were all understanding what we needed to know.
...class was informal and relaxed but thorough, the presenting of information and training was excellent.
Karen is a great teacher, she is very personable and made sure we knew the info while ensuring we had a great time. I am usually nervous around new people, but she made all feel OK with each other.
"Like" us on Facebook!...and get your Student Manual free!
(like getting a $10 coupon!) ...
when you sign up for either the Med Aide or Med Tech class!!
(Oh, what the heck, "Like" us anyway!)